Powered By google

Search

Would you like to our sponsor?---Le gustaría a nuestro patrocinador?---Tiens notre sponsor?

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Keita extends contract

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Barca’s Mali midfielder Seydou Keita has extended his contract with the club until 2014, depending on appearances made, with a buyout clause of 100 million euros.

Seydou Keita’s contract was set to finish in 2012, but today’s deal could keep him at the club for a further two years with an extra 10 million also added to his buyout clause.

Key in midfield
2010-08-31_KEITA_09.JPGKeita, who will be 34 when the contract runs out, signed from Seville in 2008 and quickly settled into the Barca style to become a key piece in Guardiola’s plans, slotting into a defensive role beside Sergi Busquets and after today’s deal he explained: “I’m very happy to play at this club. I‘m in my third year here and we’ve won everything, but I want to stay and win it all again. Barca have given me everything and I really want to stay on here. There is a lot of pressure, but I’d love to stay here till I hang up my boots. That’s my dream, but we’ll have to see how it goes”.

Guardiola
The African star made clear his feelings for Guardiola, claiming: “he’s not just a good coach, he’s a good person. He’s shown his confidence in me and I know he like players with a big heart who can help their teammates and the club”

Keita also stressed the importance of the social commitment of the club to making his decision to extend his stay: “this is more than a club. The Fundacio has helped set up a school in my country to help the children and that is very important for me”.

0 yorum:

Post a Comment